A Recovery Blog

This blog is about my continuing recovery from severe mental illness and addiction. I celebrate this recovery by continuing to write, by sharing my music and artwork and by exploring Buddhist and 12 Step ideas and concepts. I claim that the yin/yang symbol is representative of all of us because I have found that even in the midst of acute psychosis there is still sense, method and even a kind of balance. We are more resilient than we think. We can cross beyond the edge of the sane world and return to tell the tale. A deeper kind of balance takes hold when we get honest, when we reach out for help, when we tell our stories.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Recent Kitten Photo

1 comment:

Me said...

Gees the cat's have had a growth spurt. When do you take them in to be nuetured? As you may know females are awful when they are on heat. How did the other boys get on with their little operation? As they much better at using the litter tray. My stray I picked up has been a good boy. He did a couple of poos and wee's where he wasn't surposed to when I first got him but I read that putting orange peel down where they go stops them and I did this and it worked. Now he is a good boy and hasn't made a mistake once.

How is the weight loss? Have you started up again yet? I do not know if your folks are still with you. I lost a couple of pounds last week but it looks like I should be happy with a pound a week because that is how slow it is coming off. i have never had trouble like this when I have tried to lose weight. Normally 2 pounds a week is normal. They say though that the slower it comes off the longer you keep it of. So maybe this time round it will stay off. I am aiming to carrying on taking the meds. I do not want to get sick lose weight to put it all on again. I want to lose weight and keep it off. I have never tried this plan of action. It is all new to me. Let's see what happens.

Thank you for the birthday wish. I am so happy to be 30. 20's being a night mare of a decade for me. Life can only get better.

J.P