A Recovery Blog

This blog is about my continuing recovery from severe mental illness and addiction. I celebrate this recovery by continuing to write, by sharing my music and artwork and by exploring Buddhist and 12 Step ideas and concepts. I claim that the yin/yang symbol is representative of all of us because I have found that even in the midst of acute psychosis there is still sense, method and even a kind of balance. We are more resilient than we think. We can cross beyond the edge of the sane world and return to tell the tale. A deeper kind of balance takes hold when we get honest, when we reach out for help, when we tell our stories.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Couple Of Recent Paintings



The top painting is of Bev's daughter Liana, unfortunately it is not in focus. The original is better. The second painting is of Ronda and her daughter Shelby. Both paintings are done in gouache. It's a tentative return to painting for me after not painting for over a month.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like thetop one.

J.P

Ashley Smith said...

These are beautiful paintings. You have a wonderful gift. I am sure your clients are very happy with the results.

Ashley

nancy said...

Kate,

You know me...I love your paintings. You capture the inner world of the people you paint and the beauty of nature, whether sad or joyous! That's life.

I love the paintings I have from you. I hope you will be able to visit me when it gets warmer and we can pal around NY's art scene.

Nancy

Cherie/ Butterfly Dreamer said...

These are very beautiful.

Bev said...

OMG!!! Kate you have done a wonderful job. Thank you so very much!

Bev

Anonymous said...

Wow, these paintings are really nice. where can one view your painting to purchase??

Wanderer said...

Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback! yin yang go to my "Favorite Links" section of my blog and click on "Artid"--that's where you can find examples of my work, some of which are for sale. If you want me to paint you a portrait of someone you love, you can send me a good color photograph--my address is also listed on the Artid site.

Kate