A Recovery Blog

This blog is about my continuing recovery from severe mental illness and addiction. I celebrate this recovery by continuing to write, by sharing my music and artwork and by exploring Buddhist and 12 Step ideas and concepts. I claim that the yin/yang symbol is representative of all of us because I have found that even in the midst of acute psychosis there is still sense, method and even a kind of balance. We are more resilient than we think. We can cross beyond the edge of the sane world and return to tell the tale. A deeper kind of balance takes hold when we get honest, when we reach out for help, when we tell our stories.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Florida Trip Photos






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. Beautiful. I love Florida. Love, love, LOVE it!

Jen said...

Hi Kate,

Thank you for writing me! I really liked your blog, and found it very creative and interesting. I’m doing much better now than in the past (especially over the past 2-3 years or so). I found tremendous encouragement in my Buddhist practice, and love and support from my husband, family and friends. I also really benefitted from individual therapy. I found a therapist that I liked a lot. She helped me too. For me, initially I tried to have compassion and understanding for my voices. I also tried to reason with them and occasionally argue with them. These approaches never worked, and ultimately, I followed the advice of my husband and my therapist, and began to ignore them completely. Now, I am able to focus on my own life and the life I have with my husband, rather than worrying needlessly about the voices in my head. I am still posting to my blog, although not as often as I used to. I keep writing because I like to write. I’m glad you left me a note, and I hope you are happy and well.

Jen