A Recovery Blog

This blog is about my continuing recovery from severe mental illness and addiction. I celebrate this recovery by continuing to write, by sharing my music and artwork and by exploring Buddhist and 12 Step ideas and concepts. I claim that the yin/yang symbol is representative of all of us because I have found that even in the midst of acute psychosis there is still sense, method and even a kind of balance. We are more resilient than we think. We can cross beyond the edge of the sane world and return to tell the tale. A deeper kind of balance takes hold when we get honest, when we reach out for help, when we tell our stories.

Wednesday, September 23, 2026

To Listen To My Audio Of This Blog It Is Strongly Recommended You Sign Up For A Free Account On SoundCloud

Hello Everyone. I hope you are all doing well.

Since I posted my last blog To The People Of Singapore, Hong Kong and Vietnam a little over a week ago, according to the stats 34 people have clicked on it. No one has listened to the audio recording on SoundCloud except for one person, one of my FaceBook friends, from my childhood. One of my other friends said they had trouble connecting. I realize that if you are interested in listening to the audio, particularly from this blog, that you should sign up for a free account on SoundCloud using your email or Google or Apple or Facebook account. To do that I suggest you go to the SoundCloud Homepage where you can register and then sign in and go to my account Wanderer62. Hopefully that will help, but it is all in English.

Stats for today: 843 views

Last 24 hours: US - 719, Brazil - 36, Bangladesh - 20, Vietnam - 15, Pakistan - 13, Argentina - 12, Singapore - 12.  Form there it goes on to different countries with lower views and no views from Hong Kong.

My impression is that the views from Singapore and Hong Kong have decreased while Vietnam has stayed steady as if the people from Singapore and Hong Kong are not comfortable with the attention I have drawn to them and their countries. I hope that changes over time as I continue to post.

I will probably post next over the weekend on my beginning study of Yin and Yang dating back to ancient Chinese culture. I discovered a very interesting author, two books and two audiobooks for those books, which I have downloaded. His name is Laing Matthews, he lives in Canada and is at least in part of Asian ancestry. He is a scholar and dedicated to the practice of Taoism, including the I Ching. I have put a link to his website on this blog and have posted the first book, which is "Vol. 0 - The Binary Code Of Heaven And Earth: A New Way To Read The I Ching" and will post the second book and audio books today. He is also a teacher and a healer and has written a great number of books on all kinds of Eastern practices which is quite amazing to me, but also a bit confusing and overwhelming, which is why my focus with him will be his orientation about the origins of Yin and Yang in ancient China before the creation of The Book of Changes (The I Ching) much later. 

No comments: